POSITION TITLE: Carpenter
REPORTS TO: Lead Carpenter
Residential Build/Remodel company, in business for 30+ years, located in Smithfield, RI. working in RI, MA, and CT. Easy work environment, currently with two full time carpenters, all phases of interior and exterior jobs. We are looking for a carpenter/carpenter helper capable of framing, roofing, siding, interior and exterior trim, residential remodeling of structures, kitchens and baths, building stairs, installing doors, windows, cabinets, decks, tiling, etc. in compliance with building codes and plans.
1. Follows established safety rules and regulations and maintains a safe and
2. Perform various duties necessary on construction sites, such as daily clean up, loading dumpster, accepting deliveries including inspecting for material damage and appropriate quantities.
3. Protects floors and fixtures from damage during construction activities with
building paper or plastic as appropriate, to respect homeowners’ belongings.
4. Demolition and rough carpentry.
5. Accurately frame floors, walls, decks, roofs.
6. Ensure rough openings are square and framed to correct size.
7. Install interior and exterior doors and windows properly.
8. Install siding, roofing and all exterior trim.
9. Install decking, railing and deck trim.
10. Perform detail-oriented finish work.
11. Install finish stairs.
12. Install interior trim, baseboard, window and door trim, crown molding, and specialty trim such as wainscotting and paneling.
13. Install kitchen cabinets, vanities, household accessories.
14. Install hardware on doors and cabinets.
15. Install tile, tile trim and finish grouting.
16. Construct custom built ins and cabinets.
17. Perform interior and exterior painting and staining.
SKILLS AND ACCOUNTABILITY:
1. Must have own transportation and hand tools.
2. Timely arrival to site.
3. Must be dependable and motivated.
4. Basic math skills, problem solving skills, organization and strong attention to detail.
5. Ability to read a tape measure, and read and interpret construction documents.
6. Proficiency with hand and power tools: saws, planers, nailers, drills, etc.
7. Ability to be flexible, multi-task, work under tight timelines, and be ambitious.
8. Communicate courteously and professionally with lead carpenter, subcontractor, and clients as needed.
9. Knowledge of building materials, methods and codes.
10. Accurate and quality completion of work assignments.
11. Ability to carry load up to 100 lbs.
High School Diploma or GED
And 1 – 5 years related experience or training
Equivalent combination of education and experience
LOCATION: RI, MA, CT
HOURS: We are looking for both full time (40 hours) and/or part time employees, with overtime when necessary.
RATE: $15.00 – $25.00/HR commensurate with experience and education.
Send resume to Patricia Carter at email@example.com
Tagged as: baths, cabinetry, carpentry, custom built, decks, doors, finish, house construction, kitchens, remodeling, rough, siding, stairs, tile, trim, windows