Qualified Accessibility Installation and Service Technician
Are you looking to work with an awesome team that is changing the world? Are you looking to participate in a noble mission that is impacting the lives of others? If so, we have a career for you.
At Home Healthsmith, we believe freedom and peace of mind are some of the greatest gifts we can offer our customers. With more than 30 years of experience in the accessibility and mobility industry, we understand that the stress of living with a disability can be overwhelming. Home Healthsmith provides innovative in-home solutions that allow individuals to maintain their level of comfort and dignity without comprising their health and safety.
Qualified Accessibility Installation and Service Technician Job Purpose: Serves customers by assessing and installing grab bars, accessories, stairlifts and ramps, assessing and servicing Vertical Platform lifts and servicing stairlifts. Performing maintenance on all equipment and assisting on all elevator and Vertical Platform Lift installs.
Qualified Accessibility Installation and Service Technician Job Duties:
· Assess and install grab bars, accessories, stairlifts and ramps, assess and service Vertical Platform lifts and service stairlifts.
· Perform maintenance on all equipment and assist on all elevator and Vertical Platform Lift installs.
· Determine level of service needed by studying system requirements and gathering components and parts needed for service and installs.
· Maintain necessary data and records by using software adopted by Home Healthsmith.
· Be responsible for completing jobs in a timely manner and checking in with Supervisor on daily basis.
· Always provide outstanding customer service.
· Keeps company equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; being prepared for all upcoming jobs.
· Document service and installation actions by completing forms, reports, logs, and records.
· Provide before and after pictures as requested for each installation.
· Maintain customer confidence by keeping service information confidential.
· Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications and on-going training programs.
· Handle emergency night and weekend on-call schedule as needed and directed.
· Help in organization of shop by maintaining cleanliness, making sure all tools and equipment are put back daily.
· Participate in company trade shows and events as needed.
· Work safely and responsibly to avoid injuries, damage to property, loss of unused materials/equipment. Cleans up installation and service debris at client’s home.
· Be responsible for company gas card, AAA card and company keys to building.
· Wear required Personal Protective Equipment provided by Home Healthsmith
· 2+ years of technician experience
· Basic finished & framing carpentry skills
· Dry wall skills
· High and low voltage electrical skills
· Control circuit knowledge
· Ability to install electrical conduit and wiring
· Basic Mechanical skills
· Ability to read technical drawings and manufacturer specifications
· A basic understanding of how different fastening systems work
· A broad knowledge of different types of tools and how to use them
· Ability to operate fleet vehicles in a safe manner always
· Ability to load and unload equipment – up to 75 lbs. unassisted from fleet vehicle
· Ability to climb ladder and scaffolding
· Have a valid driver’s license
· Have Basic computer skills
· Five (5) days of paid time off annually after ninety (90) days which is accrued beginning on your date of hire.
· Receive nine (9) paid holidays.
· Eligible for 401K paid holiday after one (1) year.
· Eligible for health insurance for which Home Healthsmith pays 50% towards employee costs only. Dental is offered but covered 100% by the employee.
· Company logo work apparel provided. Annual 50% co-pay towards safety work boots.
· Technology allowance paid after ninety (90) days.
· Full-Time Monday – Friday – Hours 7am to 3:30pm; OT as needed
· $2500.00 signing bonus after 90 days of employment.
Tagged as: installer, service technician