DOUGLAS LUMBER CORPORATION
Position: Non-CDL Driver/Laborer
Department: Shipping Department
Reports to Shipping Manager
Driver will have responsibility for safe and courteous delivery of purchased building materials to customer facility; as well as responsibility for delivery truck and assist other drivers with loading and unloading building materials from Boom and Box Truck deliveries.
FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Load and unload delivery trucks for transport according to schedule. This may occur several times a day until all deliveries are made.
· Follow all company procedures for collecting C.O.D.’s, Credits and delivery requirements, etc.
· Maintain daily and monthly rip sheets, maintenance reports, inspection reports, inventory safety equipment on trucks.
· Responsible for quality of shipment leaving our facility to its destination.
· Responsible for routine cleanliness and maintenance of truck and forklift machinery such as levels of gas, oil, water, tire pressure and battery checks.
· Observe and follow all prescribed safety measures, including maintaining a good driver record.
· Assisting and unloading sheet rock and plaster from Boom trucks
· Assisting Box Truck drivers with window, cabinets and doors.
· Perform other yard and warehouse duties as required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
· Desired high school diploma or GED
· Six months to one year driving experience on truck weighing 26,000 or more with air brakes.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
· Desired previous training in lumber yard environment, enabling employee to identify lumber and building products accurately.
· Good driving record.
· Knowledge of RI, MA, CT, NH routes and roads.
· Lift 75-100 pounds up to a height of 6 feet.
· Carry 100 pounds over a distance exceeding 12 feet.
· Bend, stoop r squat to floor level on a repetitive basis.
· Reach over head to grasp materials.
· Able to drive distance of up to 250 miles per day.
ENVIRONMENTAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
· Work outside in temperatures ranging from extreme heat to extreme cold.
Tagged as: drivers helper, shipping