JOB TITLE: Carpenter – Apprentice
LOCATION: Headquartered in Cumberland, RI with project work throughout Rhode Island and Southeastern Massachusetts.
THE COMPANY: We are a company that specializes in providing full service new residential construction building, major remodeling and custom crafted interiors. With an exceptional team of design and construction partners we build collaborative, trusting relationships with clients through our dedication to providing high quality craftsmanship.
We offer a friendly, supportive work environment where creative thinking, collaborative effort and taking initiative are the norm. We have a strong appreciation for the value of our employees and continuously work with them to enable their career growth within the company.
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY: We are currently seeking an aspiring carpenter to join our team as an Apprentice Carpenter. While prior experience is not required, you must have some training in the use of basic carpentry hand and power tools. We will furnish you with the necessary technical training to launch a successful career in carpentry. You will work under the supervision of a Journeyman or Master Carpenter assisting them in their duties while you train and gain a better understanding of the trade. Ideal candidates will have their own basic carpentry tools and personal vehicle transportation to the work sites. You will work on a variety of residential construction projects including ground-up builds, whole-house remodels, new additions and decks as well as kitchen and bath remodels. On a continuous basis you will be expected to maintain safety protocols, proper work set-up and breakdown, and a clean job site. We are looking for a reliable individual with eagerness and a strong willingness to learn that projects a friendly disposition and positive attitude when interacting with clients.
· Demolition and teardown of existing structures on job sites.
· Erecting scaffolding, ladders and prepping job sites.
· Material handling for Carpenters.
· Retrieving and providing tools for Carpenters.
· Maintenance and care of carpentry hand and power tools.
· Assisting Carpenters with layout, construction and installation.
· Ability to operate typical hand tools and some power tools used in residential carpentry.
· Maintaining a clean and safe job site.
· Provide outstanding customer service to all clients.
· High school diploma or equivalent.
· Fluent in English.
· A valid Driver’s license, clean driving record and a reliable vehicle.
· Physically fit with good hand-to-eye coordination.
· Can lift and carry 50+ lbs.
· No fear of climbing heights of 20+ ft. or working off scaffolding and on roofs.
· Own set of the basic carpentry hand tools.
· Able to pass an alcohol and drug screening.
· Must be able to pass a criminal background check.
· Flexibility to work a typical schedule of Monday through Friday 7:30 am-to-4:00 pm with occasional overtime on weekdays and/or weekends.
· Salary range is $13-to-$16 per hour depending on years of experience and skill level.
· Paid holidays.
· 401K plan participation after 1-year of continuous service.
If you believe you meet this job description and possess these skills, are ambitious, hardworking, have attention to detail, are team oriented and have a desire to grow a career in carpentry within a single company, then we would like to consider you for our team!
Tagged as: apprentice, residential carpentry